Tuesday, November 8, 2016

First Show as a Painter

Had a great weekend at the Memorial Centre in Brockville with the Brockville Artist's Studio Group in my first show as a painter. It is an excellent group, they are well organized, the show had great advertising and I was welcomed with open arms.

Many thanks to family and friends came out to support me and I actually sold six pieces.

After working on this change for almost two years I am gratified and encouraged by the response to my new work.

Show Pieces:
 Wild Orchid         watercolour

 Purple Flower, painted from a picture take by my brother Peter. watercolour

 A Leaf has Many Stems   watercolour

The following pieces are all Funky Flower pieces that are 9x9 inches each. They are mixed media and fused to a frame. For protection they have been treated with Dorland wax. These were very much fun for me to make, love the process which I learned from Sandrine Pellisier a Canadian artist who lives in Vancouver.
 Funky Flowers #1  SOLD

 Funky Flowers #2  SOLD

 Funk Flowers #3 SOLD

 Funky Flowers #4 SOLD

 Funky Flowers #5

 Funky Flowers #6 SOLD

 Funky Flowers #7

 Funky Flowers #8

Funky Flowers #9 SOLD

Now to continue working and evolving. I am actually looking forward to those long winter days. I am going to paint, paint, and paint!



No comments:

Post a Comment